Admin stuff; spams on the list

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 13:22:55 +0100 (MET)

Hello

Yes, we hate spam on the list.
Yes, we use majordomo for the mailing list.
Yes, we can restrict posters to only allow postings from members.
Yes, we might switch to mailman.

I consider moving the curl main mailing list to sourceforge, as that would be
a quick way to do all this at once with the least effort. (We could still
have the current mailing list address work and everything.)

The libcurl mailing list and curl-and-php mailing list are both already
hosted on sourceforge and they both require an admin to acknowledge mails
from non-subscribers. It prevents spam rather nicely. Unfortunately, it
requires admins to be present pretty much all the time to acknowledge mails.
(We are currently three people sharing this task right now.)

As usual, this is somewhat depending on when I get the time unless someone
else helps me out.

Thanks for all advice and help. It is appreciated.