Re: cURL

From: tengel <tengel_at_sonic.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 12:15:19 -0800

(CC'd to the mailing list, try to make followups there)

You didn't say what your server was, so I'll try and cover a few of the possibilities.

- If you're running RedHat 7.2, you need to download "curl-7.9.3-1.i386.rpm" and (as root) install it using: rpm -ihv curl-7.9.3-1.i386.rpm

- If you're on an older version of RedHat, the above named RPM might work for you, but it's best to rebuild the source RPM by downloading curl-7.9.3-1.src.rpm and using: rpm --rebuild curl-7.9.3-1.src.rpm (the compiled binary is then located in /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386/, install it as above).

- If you're using Debian, typing "apt-get upgrade; apt-get install curl" (as root) should do everything you need.

- If you're on Windows, download the ZIP file and just unzip it.

- If you're on Solaris, download the PKG file. If it's a xompressed tarball (.tar.gz on the end), first uncompress/untar it. Then you can use "pkgadd -d <name>" to install the binary.

If you're on MacOSX, IRIX, HP-UX, or some other variant I'll have to defer to the other list members, as I don't have more than passing experience on those systems...

-te

--
Troy Engel
GPG KeyID: DF3D5207