Re: 7.9.4 count-down

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 19:15:23 +0100 (MET)

On Tue, 5 Feb 2002, Miklos Nemeth wrote:

> I compiled 7.9.4-pre2 and it does not work correctly with a popular payment
> gateway HTTP/SSL site (https://ipgtst.paymentech.net:3443). The header is
> returned but then curl hangs:

This is probably the same problem Kevin Roth saw. Get a patch here:
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/curl/curl/lib/sendf.c.diff?r1=1.43&r2=1.44

> However, it is strange that curl reports "Empty reply from server", then
> dumps a normal response data block.

That looked very strange, yes.

> Can you find the reason of this behaviour?

That second one, no. We need to look into that. First, get it to not hang and
then see if you can get the "Empty reply from server" error with output again
and then we'll chase that one.

> Nonetheless, I cannot upgrade to 7.9.4 until it is not solved :(

I'm doing my best

> BTW, curl and Daniel rock.

Thanks. When releasing a public version that immediately causes this amount
of problems, I need such words.

*plus* I have this terrible cold right now.. ;-/