Re: javascrpt URL mangling

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 19:47:55 +0100 (MET)

On Mon, 28 Jan 2002, Martin wrote:

> I tried findform.pl then I did a curl based on the form vars and for all my
> trouble I got

> enabled</b></font>
>
> I looked at the page source and it looks like there is some sort of
> javascript mangling of the URL in the <form action= tag. Is there some way
> to intercept what is ascually sent so I can see what is really being posted
> and to what URL?

There are several different ways you can proceed to see what gets sent:

1. Sniff the network. Fire up a network sniffer and browse exactly what kind
   of request that is sent over the network.

2. Save the HTML and change the method from POST to GET, and then see the
   entire POST-data string get appended to the target URL.

3. Save the HTML and modify the "base URL" to point to a site of your own and
   write a script that receives the post and see what comes in.

4. Read the javascript and figure out how it works. javascript is after all
   just a little language.

Good luck!