Re: HTTPS connect errors with 7.9.1 on Linux

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 16:58:45 +0100 (MET)

On Tue, 4 Dec 2001, Larry Fahnoe wrote:

> Since upgrading to curl 7.9.1 from 7.8.1 I have seen a number of the
> HTTPS connections fail with odd error messages. The connections failing
> are due to the site I'm connecting to, but the error messages are not as
> clear about this as they once were. As far as I can tell, curl is not
> misbehaving (again, I feel it is the remote site) so this is simply a bug
> report.

> Nov 8 05:29:59 curl: (35) SSL: error:00000000:lib(0):func(0):reason(0)

Are you possibly using a proxy? This error looks like it could be a
proxy-problem we've seen before and corrected.

> Nov 12 08:42:42 curl: (7) Connect timeout on IP number 1

This is a "normal" connect timeout.

> Nov 12 08:38:34 curl: (7) <ûÿ¿y

This is due to a connect bug in 7.9.1 that has been fixed since.

Thanks for your report. It would be interesting if you got a 7.9.2
pre-release and re-tested with. Or you can wait for the public release, due
to get out very soon now.