Re: curl and HTTPS client keys in HSM (openssl ENGINE)

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 11:25:47 +0100 (MET)

On Wed, 28 Nov 2001, Götz Babin-Ebell wrote:

> I want to use curl with a client key stored in a crypto box.

Am I supposed to know what a "crypto box" is? curl works with certificates
and keys stored in PEM format.

You have two options:

 1 - convert your key to PEM
 2 - make curl support your format

> Has anybody implemented OpenSSL - Engine support in curl ?

The "OpenSSL engine" release is supposed to be merged with the regular
OpenSSL in the upcoming release (0.9.7). (So says their FAQ.)

I have no idea exactly what you're referring to here though, and I don't know
what it would take to support "OpenSSL - Engine". Could you elaborate?