Re: Patch to initialize errorbuffer, makefile.dist for vc

From: SM <nntp_at_iname.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 07:55:06 +0400

Hi Daniel,
At 00:06 22-11-2001 +0100, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
>Correct, we should not do that. I did however settle with only setting the
>first byte to zero.

That's better. The memset was an overkill. :)

>In similar spirit, we should make sure to always return a human readable
>error description when returning errors. The situation here should not occur!

Thanks for patching the connect.c too.

I committed a patch for the lib/Makefile.vc6 and config-win32.h to fix the
release-ssl compile and the long long definition which isn't supported by VC.

I haven't tested the latest code under Windows 2000 yet. I hope to get
that done before the end of the week.

Regards,
-sm