Re: SSL session IDs and caching them...

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 11:01:14 +0100 (MET)

On Tue, 13 Nov 2001, Paul Harrington wrote:

> > OpenSSL has functions which can serialise the current SSL state to a
> > buffer of your choice, and recover/reset the state from such a buffer at
> > a later date - this is used by mod_ssl for apache to implement and SSL
> > session ID cache
>
> Could this please be added to your TODO list as this would be very
> useful.

Ok. This is added to the TODO list.

I had a peek in the mod_ssl source code the other day to see how this was
done, and I don't think this is made using plain OpenSSL function calls, it
seems this requires reading straight from the OpenSSL session structs.

Anyway, it seems to be possible to add indeed.