Re: what i'm doing wrong?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 10:13:23 +0100 (MET)

On Wed, 7 Nov 2001, STEVE STEFANOVICH wrote:

> So to get the contents page I try to use
>
> curl -b empty -L -x myproxy:8080 -d
> "username=xxx&password=yyy&submit=Submit"
> http://www.vreme.com/account/login_action.php

[output snipped out]

> like I'm being redirected somewhere but not get anything back?..

If you add a -v flag to that command line, you get to know a lot more on why
and what curl does. Append a -i as well just to get all the header info at
the same time. And if you show such an output to us, we would be able to
guess much more accurately.

I can't really tell what's happening from I've seen so far. It looks weird.

> If it can help, attached is also a headers dump (dumpy.txt, using -D)

They're incomplete. There's only one set of headers there, and that makes a
Location: to the root page, which you were following, weren't you?

> cookies dump (cookiejar.txt, -c).

Is this a curl 7.9? Upgrade to 7.9.1 and you shouldn't see those (null)
things in the cookie jar...