RE: Curl SSL question

From: <Nico.Baggus_at_mail.ing.nl>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 12:23:30 +0200

Hi,

--8<--

> curl requires a specified file with CA certs to be able to
> properly verify a
> server certificate.
>
> I'm no SSL wizard, but shouldn't it be possible to have one
> (CA cert) for
> self-signed certificates as well?

To have a cerificate (self-signed) for the WASD/VMS Webserver with SSL,
I first had to create a CA certificate, all others are signed with THAT
certificate. You can then convert the CA certficate in the forms for
netscape (.PEM) or IE (.CRT) available for download from that server.

-->8--

regards,
Nico Baggus

ATTENTION:
The information in this electronic mail message is private and
confidential, and only intended for the addressee. Should you
receive this message by mistake, you are hereby notified that
any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or use of this
message is strictly prohibited. Please inform the sender by
reply transmission and delete the message without copying or
opening it.

Messages and attachments are scanned for all viruses known.
If this message contains password-protected attachments, the
files have NOT been scanned for viruses by the ING mail domain.