Re: NO-PROXY problem in config file

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 14:20:55 +0200 (MET DST)

On Tue, 23 Oct 2001, Karen Beaumont wrote:

> I am trying to execute a URL using Curl without the use of proxies. I
> therefore have my .curlrc file set up in my home directory (which Curl
> finds OK), and have tried as many combinations of the command
>
> NO_PROXY:*
> or
> NO_PROXY=ibm.com

To *not* use a proxy, you don't have to do anything. To make curl use a
proxy, you need to tell it to.

Anyway, those 'no_proxy' things are environment variables curl understands,
they're not options (or config file entries). Maybe they should be that too?

> that I can think of. To no avail - every time I just get:
>
> warning: 'NO_PROXY' has unsupported trailing garbage.

That is indeed a silly error message for this...

> Despite reading the documentation carefully, I cannot get the syntax
> right for my config file (this is the only statement in it, as I have
> never used the config file before). Help please - what is the correct
> syntax? Thank you.

(csh/tcsh style)

setenv NO_PROXY ibm.com
curl www.ibm.com