Re: Cross-compiling cURL

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 07:57:36 +0200 (MET DST)

On Mon, 22 Oct 2001, Jim Duey wrote:

> I've been trying to cross-compile curl for a 405GP target. However, the
> configure script keeps blowing up on me when it tries to resolve localhost.

That's because it is silly. Could you get a recent 7.9.1 pre-release package
and have another go? Albert Chin has improved that test in the configure
script since the 7.9 release so it should be better for crosscompilers.

> Has anyone successfully cross-compiled cURL?

I have.

> How?

Well, the only thing that was different in my cross-compile was the CPU, the
OS was still the same so the configure script and config.h stuff looked
pretty much the same on both host and target (I built on i386 NetBSD for
StrongARM NetBSD).

> I didn't see anything about cross-compiling in the docs.

I'd welcome a piece of text regarding that issue...