RE: cURL behaving incorrectly when doing simultaneus checks? ? ? Second try

From: Nielsen Linus (ext) <Linus.Nielsen_at_elema.siemens.se>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 13:34:43 +0200

Hi!

Yes, curl is indeed able to run simultaneously in different processes.
There must be somthing else causing this.

You didn't post the entire script. Are you creating any temp files,
for instance?

/Linus

-----
I have written a bash script checking web servers

https://${IP}/check.html | grep ${STRINGTOCHECK})
CUR=$(curl --connect-timeout ${TIMEOUT} --max-time ${TIMEOUT} -3
https://${IP}${PATH})
TEST=$(echo $CUR | grep ${TEXTTOSEARCH})
# If not zero, server is OK
if [[ ! $TEST == "" ]]; then

The abovementioned script is used to check multiple servers each minutes
using cron:
* * * * * root /root/scripts/check Aldebaran localhost localhost 30 5
* * * * * root /root/scripts/check Apollo Net1 yy.yy.yy.yy 30 5
* * * * * root /root/scripts/check Iceberg Net2 xx.xx.xx.xx 30 5

Now it seems that if curl (latest RH 7.1 version) can't access Apollo vie
Net1 (externat check) quite often but not always the curl process that
checks Aldebaran (which is checked locally) returns the same output as the
curl process checking Apollo -> I get faulty messages about Aldebaran being
down

I.e. : should cURL be able to independently do simultaneous checks? ? ? ?