[ curl-Bugs-465255 ] filetime set to 0 if no Last-Modified:.

From: <noreply_at_sourceforge.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 08:48:07 -0700

Bugs item #465255, was opened at 2001-09-26 08:48
You can respond by visiting:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100976&aid=465255&group_id=976

Category: client module
Group: bad behaviour

Initial Comment:
Heya,

About the new -R option for curl.

If a server doesn't return a Last-Modified, the
filetime var in main.c is being set to 0.

I think if there's no way to determine what the date on
the file is, that it should just use current time, like
previous operations.

I've never really looked through curl src before, so
I'm not sure quite where I'm going, but I think I'm in
the right areas, inside Transfer() (in transfer.c)?

Perhaps data->info.filetime could default to -1 or
something. Then if -1 is returned, it'd just use
current time. The file timestamp really could be 0, so
it'd have to be something other then that...

Thanks.