Installing cURL on Mac OS X Server 10.0.4

From: Clay Loveless <clay_at_crawlspace.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 12:40:12 -0700

Hi folks,

I'm getting my feet wet with Mac OS X Server 10.0.4, and am having a bit of
trouble, thanks to my status of straddling the fence between novice &
intermediate skill.

./configre -> no noticable problems

make -> results in the following:
 [snip]
 ../libtool: cd: no such file or directory: off/lib [1280]
 libtool: link: cannot determine absolute directory name of 'off/lib'
 make[2]: *** [libcurl.la] Error 1
 make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
 make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

I looked (wish I could search!) through the mailing list archives on
curl.haxx.se/mail in hopes of finding a post with a solution to this
problem, but didn't see any posts along those lines.

Has anyone else using the current version of Mac OS X Server encountered
this problem, and overcome it? If so, please point me in the right
direction. (If anyone else has a suggestion as well, please let me know!)

Thank you!

Regards,
Clay

Clay Loveless