Re: curl::easy 1.1.6 tarball

From: Domenico Andreoli <cavok_at_filibusta.crema.unimi.it>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 15:48:15 +0200

On Mon, Sep 10, 2001 at 03:13:39PM +0200, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Sep 2001, Domenico Andreoli wrote:
>
> > if it was clearly redistributable (= its license permitted distribution
> > of original or modified sources and binaries compiled from modified or
> > original source) i could make it a debian package.
>
> I have always assumed such a license, but you're of course right that this
> package does not explicitly mention any distribution rights.
>
> Georg Horn posted the original 1.0.2 version on freshmeat.net as "public
> domain" though.

debian packages must follow DFSG (debian free software guidelines,
http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-archive.html#s2.1.1) in order to
be included in main archive. a statement DFSG compatible for curl::easy
would be very appreciated but must be included in source tarball.

> Goerg, would you care to elaborate a teeny bit on the license issue in the
> tarball, or should we go with a license in the same style as curl itself?
>
> --
> Daniel Stenberg -- curl groks URLs -- http://curl.haxx.se/

-----[ Domenico Andreoli, aka cavok
 --[ http://filibusta.crema.unimi.it/~cavok/gpgkey.asc
   ---[ 3A0F 2F80 F79C 678A 8936 4FEE 0677 9033 A20E BC50