Re: Anyone ported curl to java?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 13:09:17 +0200 (MET DST)

On Thu, 6 Sep 2001, Fernando Cassia wrote:

Linus already pointed out the web page, but I'll fill in some more yaketiyak.

> Maybe this is a stupid question :) but I wonder if anyone has ported curl
> to java...

Completely porting curl to java would be a crapload of work. I have however
made libcurl available from java using JNI. The current state of things can
be found here: http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/java/

> I'm working on a project involving a java applet and I'd love to have the
> curl functionality available as a .class java file that I can call from
> my code...

Well, using this piece of code, you could. It isn't be pure java though.

> Yes, Java provides easy APIs to do http post and get, but nothing as
> comprehensive as curl.

... and from what I've understood, doing SSL in pure java is dead slow.