[ curl-Bugs-457564 ] Strange GET Behaviour with some sites

From: <noreply_at_sourceforge.net>
Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2001 09:38:45 -0700

Bugs item #457564, was opened at 2001-09-01 09:38
You can respond by visiting:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100976&aid=457564&group_id=976

Category: http
Group: wrong behaviour

Initial Comment:
Hi There,
I'm evaluating your beautiful program and i've found a
strange behaviour with some sites. I mean this is not
a constant problem but appears sometimes with some
host, it seems to be linked to host request. An
example:

If I try to get a page from a Linux Console using this
command:
/usr/bin/curl -A "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.0;
Windows 98; DigExt)" -e "http://www.microsoft.com" -
L "http://dummy.subportal.com/horoscope/cgi-
bin/horoscope.cgi?when=0&s=10"

The First time the command produces the expected
output, but if you manually repeat it (5/10 times)
from the console you cannot get the complete page and
you wait until you get the timeout response. In the
same machine (Linux RedHat 7.1) i get the page from my
browser with no problems at all...

What should i do ?
Is this problem linked with the particular web server
or else ?

Best Regards
Andrea Benini