Re: Will SSLeay Work Instead of OpenSSL?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 23:14:07 +0200 (MET DST)

On Mon, 27 Aug 2001, Jeff wrote:

> I have SSLeay installed on my server instead of OpenSSL. Will that work
> with cURL or does it have to have OpenSSL in order to use SSL?

It might work. We started doing SSL with curl back in the SSLeay days, and
moved on to OpenSSL. The interface is however still (pretty much) the same.

Things may have been modified to not work with SSLeay, but minor tweaks
should fix that.

*BUT* several security issues have been addressed in OpenSSL recently, and I
assume that these flaws are present in SSLeay too and thus I can't recommend
anyone to attempt doing secure operations with the SSLeay libraries.