Re: using complex websites with cURL

From: Cris Bailiff <c.bailiff_at_awayweb.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 12:50:44 +1000

> How were cURL and curl libraries made ? I mean, I wanna learn more about
> this, I wanna be able to look (and understand sources), I need to better
> understand TCP/IP programming (especially HTTP) and communication. Where
> are the sources of cURL ? What language was used to make it ? I suppose
> that C++, but where can I learn more about special network objects and
> network/system programming details ?

For scripting your way into complex websites, you should take a look at
the 'elza' tool...

Its not curl related, and its not ideal for, say, shell scripting but
its model of emulating browser actions and dealing with cookies etc is
great for getting into complex sites and grabbing some content...

Location varies (check google), but recent copies are at (least):

http://phiphi.hypermart.net/pub/

I'd love to make it use Curl::easy some day...

Cris