Re: RFC2732 support broken

From: Arkadiusz Miskiewicz <misiek_at_pld.ORG.PL>
Date: 17 Aug 2001 18:30:28 +0200

Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> writes:

> Early this year, I asked Jun-ichiro Itojun Hagino if he would consider
> helping me to add IPv6 support. He instantly (we're talking just a few hours)
> made a huge patch and sent it back to me.
Jun-ichiro Itojun Hagino is one of best ipv6 hackers...

> I'm not blaming him, on the
> contrary, I don't think I've ever had such a big quality patch provided in
> such a small time. We owe him the IPv6 support we have today.
...but I'm astonished by way of how he did it.

> Do we have any RFC 1639 style stuff? :-)
Yes, LPRT support (curl 7.8). I'll remove it.

> Yes, as soon as the name resolving functions are made in to a single one that
> works both with IPv6 enabled as as well as disabled. (As discussed
> above.)
I need to know one more thing. What you preffer:
a) whole patch at once
b) small patches that will make getaddrinfo() compilable on most
systems and then lot of small patches that will convert parts of curl
to use getaddrinfo()
?

--
 Arkadiusz Mi¶kiewicz, AM2-6BONE, 1024/3DB19BBD
 IPv6 ready PLD Linux at http://www.pld.org.pl/