Re: curl ssl lib dependencies

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 13:40:55 +0200 (MET DST)

On Wed, 8 Aug 2001, juan uribe wrote:

> And I apologize if I am posting to the wrong list. But, I was unable to
> find a curl-ssl mailing list.

This is indeed the correct mailing list!

The so called 'curl-ssl' is curl with SSL enabled. It is the same tool, only
built with different support.

> I am trying to install a binary of curl_ssl_7.8.1.

To my knowledge, there hasn't been any curl release 7.8.1 so I'm not sure
what to say.

> I keep getting an error saying that libcrypto.so.0 & libssl.so.0 are
> needed by curl.

If you're using dynamicly linked OpenSSL libs, they are.

> unfortunately the libcrypto & libssl that I have are of extensions so.1
> not so.0.

That indicates that the curl you got are linked with an older set of OpenSSL
libs than the ones you have.

> Where (or How) would I obtain a curl that depends on the libs I have?

Chances are that you can make symbolic links named libcrypto.so.0 etc that
link to the .1 versions.

The standard default curl package is a source tarball, you compile and build
that yourself. It'll use the libs you have.

There are also packages for a multitude of different operating systems and
archiving formats. Get the one that suits you the best from:
http://curl.haxx.se/download.html

--
     Daniel Stenberg -- curl dude -- http://curl.haxx.se/