RE: libcurl's treatment of `file:' and absolute paths

From: Roth, Kevin P. <KPRoth_at_MarathonOil.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 09:42:51 -0400

> So then I suggest the attached patch to make libcurl act like "the
rest".
> It makes all these URLs perfectly valid and refer to the same file:
> file://localhost/foo
> file://localhost//foo
> file:///foo
> file:////foo
> file://whatever/foo

Will there be a way to reference a file relatively? e.g. "foo" in the
current directory? If so, will you document what it is?

Also, I haven't looked in the code, so this may not be an issue. But
don't forget that Windows filenames start with c:\, which could look
like:

        file:///c:/foo
        file://localhost/c:/foo

or also could be a "UNC" path, like:

        file://\\machinename\sharename\foo

(backslashes OR forward slashes are treated more or less the same in
Internet Explorer).

--Kevin