-E and colons in file names

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 10:37:47 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi

I was stupid enough to make -E use a colon separator between the file name
and the password, like 'curl -E cert.pem:secret [URL]'.

Now, if the certificate file name has a colon, curl gets confused. This is
generally what happens when win32 people using an absolute path including
drive letters, like 'c:\blabla'...

Anyone with a good idea on how to address this? I feel bad about breaking
compatibility with the existing curl -E usage, but I want to support colons
properly...

This is a plain client problem, as libcurl gets the file name and password in
separate options.

--
     Daniel Stenberg -- curl dude -- http://curl.haxx.se/