Re: Still having Upload blues...

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 12:28:54 +0200 (MET DST)

On Mon, 2 Jul 2001, HAMPY, CHAD (SBCSI) wrote:

> I have captured the HTTP Header info to try to assist in trouble shooting
> my upload issues. I am still able to upload a file to HTTP manually but
> not using cURL.

"manually" in this case means using IE I presume?

> C:\Temp>curl -F File1=@c:\temp\test.txt -F "submit=Upload"
> myserver.com/upload/Example1.asp

This looks like a good POST.

If you add -v, you'll get to see the actual POST and that helps a lot. Use a
network sniffer to see the one your browser sends and compare them to see
what makes the difference.

curl:
> HTTP_CONTENT_LENGTH:357

IE:
> HTTP_CONTENT_LENGTH:378

Now, I think this could be a reason. Is that by any chance a text file with
21 lines? Does IE convert newlines into CRLF or something?

Why are the content-lengths different?

--
     Daniel Stenberg -- curl dude -- http://curl.haxx.se/