RE: Telnet under win32

From: Nielsen Linus <Linus.Nielsen_at_elema.siemens.se>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2001 09:23:57 +0200

> Now that there is a fix, we can look into stdin
> redirection.

No need. My solution works regardless of where stdin somes from.

> >I can't really figure out a way to poll a stdio stream in
> Win32 without blocking. Can you?
>
> You can use a asynchronous ReadFile call or else peek into
> the console to see whether there is any input waiting.

No no. I meant stdio (Standard I/O). ReadFile and the Console are
Windows specific things.

> Alternatively, you would read the stdin from a separate thread.

Yup. But I was kind of looking for a more portable solution, and
threads work differently on each platform, if they even exist.

Anyway, it works now. I'm just asking out of curiosity.

My patch is attached. Try it, and please report any errors.
Remember to link with ws2_32.lib instead of wsock32.lib.

/Linus