RE: Help required...

From: Naveen Noel <naveen_noel_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 12:36:10 -0700 (PDT)

Hey Linus,

Thanks a million for yr help....
I think I have got libcurl.lib built successfully
through vc6.

This is what I did...

compiled /lib/makefile.vc6 after running vcvars32.bat
It generated libcurl.lib but with a lot of warnings?

Qs is "Does that matter"? If yes, then let me know so
that I can try it once again, if no, then go on....

Then I went to /src and got command line curl
compiled,
this also generated a lot of warnings, but it works :)

By this I understand that libcurl.lib was generated
successfully..

Now, you have mailed me makefile.vc6 and ftpget.c
(windows version) I tried to generate ftpget.exe thru
makefile.vc6 from nmake, it gives me the error as
below

MAKE Version 5.2 Copyright (c) 1987, 2000 Borland
        cl.exe /MD /O2 /D "NDEBUG" /I "../include" /nologo
/W3 /GX /D "WIN32" /D "VC6" /D "_MBCS" /D "_LIB" /YX
/FD /c /D "MSDOS" ftpget.c
ftpget.c
ftpget.c(14) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include
file: 'curl/curl.h': No such file or directory

** error 2 ** deleting ftpgetr.obj

I presume this is include path problem. Can you please

throw light on this. Is there any extra include path?
../include or ../../include as above does not work.

I noticed that makefile.vc6 to generate ftpget.exe and

libcurl.lib are more or less the same except for the
include path and the -lib option?

One more thing....
I tried creating a New Project Workspace thru
vc6(Win32 Console Application) and adding ftpget.c to
the source files and tried to compile, it gave me the
same problem inspite of libcurl.lib and wsock32.lib
being in the same directory.

Please help me out with this compilation problem.

regards,
Naveen.

--- Nielsen Linus <Linus.Nielsen_at_elema.siemens.se>
wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm CC:ing this reply to the Curl mailing list, so
> even more
> people can help, and to make sure that this mail
> gets archived.
>
> First of all, I am sorry to say that Windows isn't
> our primary
> platform. We lack a lot of support for Windows.
>
> I don't have Borland C++ 5.5, so I can't reproduce
> your first
> problem. However, if you haven't made any changes to
> the source
> code, and just need the executable, you can download
> it from

ftp://ftp.sunet.se/pub/www/utilities/curl/curl-7.8-win32-nossl.zip

=====