Re: "host not found" with a M$ proxy

From: <boltthrower_at_libero.it>
Date: 28 Jun 2001 01:53:20 -0700

>> you're right, the point is I thought the "incorrect parameter" I got was
>> the UA.. then I set (wrongly) the -a and thought I made a progress and
>> "host not found" was a minor error...
>>
>> with -a I get again "The parameter is incorrect.";
>>
>> but which one (other) could it be?

>Could it be what? I don't understand your question.

>If you wanna set your own user-agent string, use -A. >If you don't, at least
>don't use -a.
(yes, I understood:-)

sorry to bother all you with this question.. perhaps it's not directly related to curl, but I think if curl has to be an automated UA it should behave like a "normal" UA (like IE);
now, I have this proxy-firewall allowing IE but not curl to pass through, so I'm asking (also myself) which other parameter, apart from the UA string, could be necessary to set;

thank you again,

--Giuse

http://www.shopping.altavista.com