Re: libtoolize breaking me on 7.8

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 08:39:49 +0200 (MET DST)

On Wed, 13 Jun 2001, Troy Engel wrote:

> So, it would appear to me that if a file 'configure.in' is present, it
> will run libtoolize? Let's put that to a test....

That certainly sounds like a weird thing to do. libtoolize is for libtool
based libraries, while configure.in is used in so many more packages.

> Maybe if we just move it out of the way, then move it back? Let's take a
> look... yup! that will appear to do the trick, if it's acceptable (does
> ./configure need configure.in for anything? don't think so).

No, the configure.in is only included in the release archives as the source
file which was used to generate the configure file. It is only interesting if
you aren't happy with the way the shipped configure works.

Well at least you found your way around that quirk!

--
     Daniel Stenberg -- curl dude -- http://curl.haxx.se/