Re: Curl

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 17:22:08 +0200 (MET DST)

On Wed, 13 Jun 2001, Gerhard Nuesslein wrote:

Please direct further mails regarding curl to the mailing list, to which I cc
this reply.

> I am from Germany and try to use curl. Now I'd like to use the response
> codes in a script (lets say vbScript).
>
> But no matter what I do (succesful or failed) I don't get a Response
> (Error) Code from curl. How can I get the response code and how can I use
> it in VBScript?
>
> (my commandline is: 'curl -o c:\temp\file.txt
> http:\\<URL>\sourcefile.txt' or a wrong sourcefile to get a Errorcode)

curl actually returns an exit code that is non-zero if it fails. The return
code is documented in the man page (http://curl.haxx.se/docs/manpage.html).
If you can't get the return code, perhaps you need to do something special to
receive it?

I don't know anything about VBScript that would help you out on this one.

Anyone else?

--
     Daniel Stenberg -- curl dude -- http://curl.haxx.se/