libtoolize breaking me on 7.8

From: Troy Engel <tengel_at_sonic.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 10:31:23 -0700

Howdy troopers -- I'm trying to build new RPMs for RedHat 6.2 from
curl-7.8, but it's breaking with a rather cryptic error:

==
make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/curl-7.8/lib'
/bin/sh ../libtool --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I..
-I../src -I../include -g -O2 -c file.c
libtool: ltconfig version `' does not match ltmain.sh version `1.3.4'
Fatal configuration error. See the libtool docs for more information.
==

Hrm, odd. So, if you compile it by hand it works fine; however, when
the RPM build process invokes, it runs "libtoolize --copy --force" (took
awhile to figure this one out). So, when I do that as well before
running ./configure I see:

==
$ libtoolize --copy --force
You should update your `aclocal.m4' by running aclocal.
==

If I try and run 'aclocal' as stated, it breaks a ton of stuff, so
that's not an answer. Anyone have a clue why alla sudden libtoolize is
breaking the world on me? This had worked fine with curl-7.7.3 just a
bit ago. It's not the sharedLib patch, I've tried with and without it
in place. And, I can't just stop libtoolize from running, I think,
especially when it'd been previously working...

Any clues, folks? I'm a little stumped...

-te

--
Troy Engel :: KeyID DF3D5207
<DragonGrl> It's not just the bod, it's the kernel. (;