Re: your mail

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 12:00:36 +0200 (MET DST)

On Tue, 12 Jun 2001, Marios Moutzouris wrote:

> I'm trying to use curl to initiate a php script over ssl(Linux
> box,openssl).

You mean you use the command line client to get a https:// page from a server
running the PHP script?

> I think the compiling of curl worked....doing a curl-config --feature
> says "SSL".

'curl -V' should also display OpenSSL version.

> When i try get the php script, curl just sits there...nothing
> happens.....i tried get a page from another ssl site, same thing.

If it "just sits there", it means something is happening and that https://
support is enabled (otherwise it would exit right away saying that it isn't).

> Anybody can explain what is happening, and possibly a fix?

Are you behind some kind of firewall/proxy? Can you run test case 300 and
400? ('cd tests; ./runtests.pl 300') (requires that you have stunnel
installed)

A large amount of people use curl to get https-pages, why I don't think this
is a general curl problem, but more likely a problem with your particular
setup, system, build, network whatever.

What if you use 'curl -v -i', doesn't that provide more information?

--
     Daniel Stenberg -- curl dude -- http://curl.haxx.se/