[ curl-Bugs-432245 ] curl should emit the headers to a file

From: <noreply_at_sourceforge.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 16:57:15 -0700

Bugs item #432245, was updated on 2001-06-11 16:57
You can respond by visiting:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100976&aid=432245&group_id=976

Category: debug/info output
Group: new feature request

Initial Comment:
mr_j_harris_at_yahoo.com

My need is/was to be able to make an HTTPS posting of
XML data to a server.

I tried and was unable to use the php::curl because of
inadequate control over the HTTP Headers. I could not
change Content-Type from www-url-encoded to text/xml

I am able to control the Content-Type headers [and all
other hHTTP headers, it says :)] and emit my text/xml
HTTPS post via formatting a curl command line and
php::exec() ing it.

I am able to make successful HTTPS posts like this,
however it would make my work a lot easier if I could
setup the CURL to save all its output (HTTP headers
and POST data both) to a file for diagnostic work.
I.e., so I can look at exactly what I sent.

At present CURL will only emit the RECIEVED data (from
the targeted HTTP/S host) to a file (via --include
and --output command line args)

I can see what I recieved but I cannot see what I sent.