Re: OpenSSL version number

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2001 20:40:58 +0200 (MET DST)

On Fri, 1 Jun 2001, Roth, Kevin P. wrote:

> M:\>curl -V
> curl 7.7.3 (win32) libcurl 7.7.3 (OpenSSL 0.9.6)
>
> Question: I have just downloaded the latest OpenSSL and Curl binaries
> from the curl.haxx.se web-site. Since that is version 0.9.6(a) of
> OpenSSL, shouldn't the "A" show up in the version number as displayed by
> curl -V?

Yes it should. But, the OpenSSL version string is based on the include files
at the time when curl was compiled, not on the libs actually present right
now.

It may be so, that curl was built against the OpenSSL 0.9.6 include files,
and then you get the 0.9.6a DLLs to work with now...

> (If this has already been addressed on the list, I apologize in advance
> for forgetting about that thread...)

My local version of curl correctly identifies "OpenSSL 0.9.6a", which makes
me assume the reason state above.

--
     Daniel Stenberg -- curl dude -- http://curl.haxx.se/