[ANNOUNCE] cURL and Python

From: Kjetil Jacobsen <kjetilja_at_cs.uit.no>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 14:13:42 +0200 (METDST)

Greetings!

I've made a libcurl wrapper module for the Python programming language (see
http://www.python.org for details on Python). The wrapper is not complete,
but usable. In particular, it lacks the following:

        - Function objects as callbacks (READ/WRITEFUNCTION)
        - The getinfo function
        - Type checking on setopt (currently segfaults here if the
          wrong type is passed as argument to setopt)
        - Installation with distutils

There is no proper distribution yet, but you may find the code in the
sourceforge cvs repository at http://pycurl.sourceforge.net.

Tweak the Makefile to your settings (basically setting the path of the Python
and curl include/libraries) and make.

The file 'test.py' is an example on how to use curl within Python programs.

I've only tested the wrapper on Python-2.1 but should work as expected on
prior versions of Python. I plan to make proper installation with distutils
and complete the wrapper shortly.

Bugs, fixes and soforth are most welcome!

        - kjetil (kjetilja @ cs.uit.no)