Re: Unsuccesful form login with curl

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2001 14:34:53 +0200 (MET DST)

On Fri, 18 May 2001, Michael Stearns wrote:

> When I try this from the command line on my virtual server:
>
> virtual curl -A "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.01; Windows NT 5.0)" -L
> "https://www.foo.com:443/sc/servlet/UserAuthenticator?userId=xxxxx&password=
> xxxxxxx"
>
> I am returned a web page from the remote server that says that my
> password was incorrect.

Are you really supposed to pass the user name and password in the URL? Could
it be that the site sends back cookies in a first response and you follow a
redirect to a second page without having enabled curl's cookie engine?

> Does anyone have any suggestions of what changes I can make so that the
> curl request works identically to accessing the site through the standard
> browser?

You really have to show us a lot more details. Like the headers you get back
when you pass that request (-v and -i are your friends).

--
     Daniel Stenberg -- curl dude -- http://curl.haxx.se/