Re: page load times using curl

From: Andrés García <fandom_at_retemail.es>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2001 02:36:09 +0200

Hi,

> I was wondering if there is a way to use curl to record the number of
> seconds it takes to load the entire page for specific URL, including
> ALL text and images? It must follow all links required to build that
> page as some images are served from different directories.

I have made a little script to do this which you will find attached
to this mail (is this 'polite' in a mailing list?), it doesn't use curl
though.

The code is very simple and may need some crafting, it is not
very fault resistant and it is not very intelligent, it will not
follow redirections and doesn't like anything but http links,
if you need that kind of things you do need curl.

To use it do something like:

$ ./timer.tcl http://Shire.Asturias.es/~Andres/stills/pow_ray*.html
Time: 2

Don't forget the http:// and there should be at least a '/' after that.

Hope this helps and don't hesitate to ask if it doesn't

Andres