Re: curl-config reports wrong info!

From: Domenico Andreoli <cavok_at_filibusta.crema.unimi.it>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 16:48:20 +0200

On Fri, May 18, 2001 at 11:43:49AM +0200, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

[snip]

> > If --with-ssl is given but no path is specified as to the location of the
> > SSL libraries, OPT_SSL=/usr/local/ssl. If someone has the ssl stuff in
> > /lib, what do they do?
>
> They just run "./configure" and it'll find ssl by magic.

like i did

> This wouldn't do. We need an explicit way to tell it not to use SSL. Mostly
> needed for people building binary packages when they have SSL installed but
> wants to build a non-ssl version of the package.

hey, you are talking about me... :) yes, i need this feature, since i don't
know which environment my packages are built in by debian build daemons or,
better, i don't want to know, i *say* how my code (ehm.. that's yours,
daniel...) gets compiled.

-----[ Domenico Andreoli, aka cavok
 --[ http://filibusta.crema.unimi.it/~cavok/gpgkey.asc
   ---[ 3A0F 2F80 F79C 678A 8936 4FEE 0677 9033 A20E BC50