Re: Libcurl compilation problems..

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 12:25:40 +0200 (MET DST)

On Wed, 9 May 2001, CHS wrote:

[CC'ed to the curl mailing list, please don't mail me privately about curl
matters.]

> Hello there, I've compiled and installed libcurl on a redhat 6.2 SPARC
> machine, however I'm running into problems.
>
> When I execute curl, this is the error that I get:
> [root_at_wellbutrin curl-7.7.3]# curl
> curl: error in loading shared libraries: libcurl.so.2: ELF file machine
> architecture not sparc
> [root_at_wellbutrin curl-7.7.3]#
>
> Do you have any ideas what might be happening? any changes I should add
> to the configuration or Makefile?

This certainly doesn't ring any bells. You didn't accidentaly have any
left-overs in your build directory from building for another platform?

Did everything in your 'configure' session look ok?

I trust this was after 'make install' ?

What does "ldd /usr/local/lib/libcurl.so.2" say?

Does "nm /usr/local/lib/libcurl.so.2" list a loooong range of symbol names?

Do you happen to know if you can install other libtool-based libraries?

--
      Daniel Stenberg - http://daniel.haxx.se - +46-705-44 31 77