RE: telnet on winNT

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 13:52:41 +0200 (MET DST)

On Thu, 26 Apr 2001, SM wrote:

> Telnet is broken under Win32. I last worked with the telnet code in
> version 6.5.2. Are there any volunteers to fix this?

I'm afraid I will *have to* rely on one or more volunteers for this. I simply
don't have any development environment running on a win32 box in my
neighborhood. I did read through the telnet code this morning but I fail to
see why win32 would have problems with it.

Is the problem the same for the mingw32-compiled executables as well as
MSVC/Borland compiled ones?

While on this subject, is there anyone who has or would be able to write a
perl telnet server for testing purposes? We'd use it only to excersise the
telnet engine in curl.

It would be great to have one integrated in the test suite. It could probably
be based on one of the already present ftp and http servers.