Curl syntax question

From: Ben Ward <bward_at_japanregistry.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 14:08:51 +0900

I have a random curl question.

I'm calling curl from within PHP and getting the result of the command
below.
/usr/local/bin/curl -d arglist=arg1=1&arg2=2 https://www.somewebsite.com

Problem is that the "arglist=arg1=1&arg2=2" doesn't work.

The values that get sent in the POST look like this.

arglist=arg1=1
arg2=2

When I do the same post from an html form, it
works as it should.

arglist=arg1=1&arg2=2

I need to evaluate the above statement as one string.
Is there a substitute for & . Or perhaps a way of flagging
it.

Incidentally, there are no problems with the SSL or getting results.
I just want to evaluate "arglist=arg1=1&arg2=2" as one string.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ben