curl 7.7.1 non-blocking connects

From: SM <nntp_at_iname.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 23:31:26 +0400

At 08:05 09-04-2001 +0200, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
>We wouldn't need that. When I speak of non-blocking connects, I mean the same
>kind of non-blocking method that is available for unixes already (not the
>windows-style asynchronous approach). We get this by setting the socket in
>non-blocking state, which I've been told is done similar to this in windows:

I modified the url.c file in curl 7.7.1 to use non-blocking connects under
win32 (attached url.c.diff file). You can define the connect timeout value
with the "--connect-timeout" switch. If the connect timeout value is not
set, a blocking connect will be used. Curl returns the "Connection timed
out" error if there is a connection timeout.

Regards,
-sm