Re: curl 7.7 and RedHat

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 16:24:06 +0100 (MET)

On Wed, 21 Mar 2001, Andrés García wrote:

> I have tried compiling the curl 7.7 beta 5 under RedHat 7 and even though
> it compiles it doesn't work, for example:
>
> [Andres_at_Shire src]$ ./curl -I Shire.Asturias.es
> curl: (6) Couldn't resolve host 'Shire.Asturias.es'

[snip]

> I have installed version 7.6.1 from the rpm package and it works in both
> cases, but then I tried to compile it myself and again it can't resolve
> hosts.

I really have no clue at all. Anyone else around with a redhat 7 installed
that can shred some lights on this? I really can't figure out the differences
between the version you compile yourself and the one you install from RPM.

Other than soft issues such as compiler/linker versions. But it doesn't seem
likely that the redhat 7 compiler would generate bad code though, at least
not that would have this odd effect.

Could you show us the configure output from the redhat 7 box?