Re: using cURL: how to sniff what IE sends to server

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 23:40:04 +0100 (MET)

On Wed, 7 Mar 2001, Gennady Stupakov wrote:

> Although this is somewhat off topic, I would like to post this question
> here, because it is actually related to the usage of cURL.

I think it is fair, interesting and a lot more on topic than some of the
other mail we get here at times! ;-)

[ HTTP headers and HTML contents cut off ]

> A connection to the URL indicated in the Location field (with the cookie
> from the header) brings me back to the first logon page where I started
> from, rather than to my card statement page (that what IE would do, if I
> use it).

This probably implies that you somehow already took the wrong turn somewhere
before this point.

> Question #1. Am I doing something wrong here by going to the Location
> URL?

No. You are probably just not faking a browser good enough. Like with the

> Question #2. Is there a way to sniff what the browser sends to the server
> for furhter usage with the cURL? Since these are secure
> connections, I need a tool that does that over SSL connection, I
> think.

I've only read about this tool named ssldump, which is said to do some of the
things you're asking for:

        http://www.rtfm.com/ssldump/