Re: Curl on IBM-AIX platform?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 17:36:06 +0100 (MET)

On Thu, 22 Feb 2001, Teo Keng Boon wrote:

(CC'ed to the curl mailing list)

> I understand many people have ported Curl to other OS platform, wonder is
> there any plan to port it to IBM-AIX platform. If I want to run Curl on a
> AIX box, can I just download the Linux Curl source code and recompile it
> on AIX?

Try! Most people just download the source and have a go. Curl has been
written to work on multiple platforms. We have had curl running on AIX in the
past, I can't see why it wouldn't work now.

 Please direct future mails in this subject to the mailing list. It allows
others to join in and help, to share their ideas, contribute their suggestions
and spread their wisdom. Keeping discussions on public mailing lists also
allows for others to learn from this (both current and future users thanks to
the web based archives of the mailing list), thus saving me from having to
repeat myself even more. Thanks for respecting this.

--
      Daniel Stenberg - http://daniel.haxx.se - +46-705-44 31 77