Re: Visual C++ 6.0 Problems

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 08:29:29 +0100 (MET)

On Mon, 19 Feb 2001 chenfs_at_maxis.net.my wrote:

(Please don't mail BOTH the list and me privately, it is fine to mail the
list only.)

> I'm successfully to get the libcurl.lib out. Now I have other
> problem I execute the following code get the error "Couldn't resolve
> host" but i use the >> curl http://curl.haxx.se no problem. What u think
> the problemn is ??

Was this the full source code? Then you haven't done the WSAStartup() calls
as you're supposed to. As documented in the curl_easy_init() description on
http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/docs/curl_easy_init.html

You can also see how in src/main.c in the functions called win32_init() and
win32_cleanup().