Re: Patches to make curl work as a netsaint plugin

From: Doug Wegscheid <wegscd_at_whirlpool.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 09:05:51 -0400

At 01:00 PM 1/19/2001 -0600, you wrote:
>Sounds to me like Christoph's ideas would be pretty useful whether or not
>they were hard-coded to work from netsaint. I've wrapped Windows Batch
>Scripts around curl calls that read the standard output returned from curl
>calls and determine whether my web server is still up based on that - I
>could see how it would be nice to just specify to curl.exe whether certain
>http status codes were OK and get it to check for specific text returned,
>etc, even without having netsaint available...
>
>Please consider at least adding the additional command-line parameters
>into curl.exe. The netsaint specific code perhaps could be kept in a
>separately maintained curl client if that makes more sense (at least from
>*my* point of view), but I can definitely see how these new features could
>be quite useful.
>
>--Kevin

A separate client would be better(that's why Daniel made libcurl), the bulk
of the curl executable can't continue to expand indefinitely...
-
Douglas E. Wegscheid
working for, but not expressing the position of, Whirlpool Corporation
wegscd_at_whirlpool.com
-
A wrong note played hesitatingly is a wrong note. A wrong note played with
conviction is interpretation.