Re: timeout on a site

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 09:33:45 +0100 (MET)

On Mon, 22 Jan 2001, Shlomit Lisser wrote:

> I'm using Win32. That's mean that I can't set a timeout on curl?

The timeout functionality is somewhat crippled on win32 since it doesn't work
on the connect or DNS lookup functions. This will be solved when "we" rewrite
curl to do non-blocking connects and asynch name lookups.

> In case the site doesn't exist the curl will hang forever?

No. If the name doesn't exist, the name resolver will return error and curl
will return error. If the connect doesn't succeed, curl will return error
etc. In fact, all system calls should return error if not successful. On
which system call does curl "hang forever" ?