Re: when things are calm

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 08:58:43 +0100 (MET)

On Thu, 18 Jan 2001, Björn Stenberg wrote:

> > http://curl.haxx.se/docs/comparison-table.html
>
> Ok, I'll bite: How come we don't have SOCKS support? Nobody ever got
> around to it, or some particular reason?

During all this time (I mean, like since 1997), about two persons have asked
me for SOCKS support. None of them wanted to add it. I've never considered it
any major feature to lack.

I'd apply the patch any day if someone would offer me one.

> "understands ftp://fto.microsoft.com"
>
> bjorn:~>curl ftp://fto.microsoft.com
> curl: (6) Couldn't resolv host 'fto.microsoft.com'

Now, if I only could get that spellchecker patch into curl...