Re: ftp upload batch

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 16:26:01 +0100 (MET)

On Wed, 17 Jan 2001, Maurice Geerits wrote:

> I would like to use curl for a scheduled batch-upload process of multiple
> files from different directories. I haven't find out yet how to realise
> that with curl. Is it possible with curl, because wildcards don't seem to
> work.

It doesn't support multiple files that way. If I were to do this, I'd write a
shell script that does the job in a way similar to:

#!/bin/sh
for file * dir2/*; do
 curl -T $file ftp://uploadsite.com/directory/$file
done

... of course it would have to be adjusted to your particular case.

> Regular ftp-clients are no option because they will be rejected by the
> firewall.

So why won't curl?